Install and Configure Funambol SyncML for Outlook
Jan 13 at 9:39am - admin
SmarterMail uses multiple data synchronization technologies to sync mailbox data with email clients and mobile devices. SyncML is a platform-independent open standard for synchronization of information, and SmarterMail uses the Funambol SyncML plug-in to sync contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes with Outlook.
Follow these steps to install and configure the Funambol SyncML plug-in for Outlook:
- Download the Funambol Sync Client for Microsoft Outlook.
- Install SyncML by double-clicking on the Funambol install and completing the installation wizard.
- After the install is complete, the Funambol Outlook Sync Client will open.
- To configure the sync settings, go to Tools and Options.
- Type the server location following the format http://domainame.com/sync/default.aspx.
- Type your full email address in the username.
- Type your email password in the appropriate field.
- Click the Sync icon to select which items should be synchronized (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes) and to schedule a sync interval.
- Click OK.
The Funambol Sync Client for Microsoft Outlook is now configured to sync with SmarterMail. For more information on how to sync your SmarterMail mailbox with outlook, refer to the KB article How To -- Synchronize SmarterMail Accounts with Outlook Using SyncML.