ActiveServers offers .NET Framework 3.5 Hosting and SQL 2008 Hosting in our production hosting environment in a secure robust easy to manage control panel interface.
.NET 3.5 SP1, .NET 3.0, and .NET 2.0 frameworks are available on our Windows 2008 Hosting and Windows 2003 Hosting platform. .NET Framework 1.1 hosting is only available on our Windows 2003 Hosting platform. .NET 4.0 is supported on our Windows 2008 hosting platform.
NOTE: The latest .NET Framework is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
* .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
* ASP.NET 1.1 Hosting
* ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting
* ASP.NET 3.0 Hosting
* ASP.NET 3.5 Hosting
* ASP.NET 4.0 Hosting
* ASP.NET MVC Hosting
* ASP.NET AJAX Hosting
* Silverlight Compatible
* Isolated Application Pool
* Full Trust Allowed
* MVC Hosting Compatible
* Classic ASP Hosting
* Microsoft Access Hosting
* VB.NET, C#
* /bin Folder - .NET DLL
* Multiple Application Roots
* Host Multiple Applications
* Web Services Supported
What's New with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Hosting
.NET Framework 3.5 builds incrementally on the new features that were added in .NET Framework 3.0. In addition, .NET Framework 3.5 contains some new features which have been added as new assemblies to avoid breaking changes. They include the following:
.NET 3.5 Service Pack 1
* Our .NET hosting platform supports .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, which includes updated AJAX assemblies, ASP.NET Dyanmic Data, ASP.NET Routing Engine, ADO.NET Entity Framework, and ADO.NET Data Services. With SP1, the .NET Framework supports SQL Server 2008.
* .NET 3.5 includes deep integration of Language Integrated Query (LINQ). This new feature will let customers write code written in LINQ-enabled languages to filter, enumerate, and create projections of several types of SQL data, collections, XML, and DataSets by using the same syntax.
* ASP.NET AJAX 3.5 lets you create more efficient, more interactive, and more personalized Web user experiences that work across most browsers.
New Web Protocol Support
* New web protocol support for building Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services including AJAX, ATOM, JSON, POX, REST, RSS and new WS* standards.
Visual Studio 2008 Support
* Full support in Visual Studio 2008 for Windows Communications Foundation, and Windows Presentation Foundation, and including the new workflow-enabled services technology.
* New classes in .NET Framework 3.5 base class library address many common customer requests.
Recycle Application Pool
* Allows customers to shut down the process hosting their web application on demand and spawn a new process. This tool is extremely useful to recycle a hung application, release locked files or databases, or to reset session variables.
Web Site Stop/Start Tool
* Allows customers to temporarily stop their website from serving web pages in real time. This tool is useful when performing web site maintenance, especially during a complex web site refresh where it is undesirable to have users navigating through an incomplete web site.
ASP.NET Version Selector
*Allows customers to switch their hosting account between ASP.NET versions in real-time.